Thursday, June 01, 2006

Backstretch....

I'm building a webpage!!! I am an English teacher, so would never be expected to do something like this, but I'm really getting the hang of it. AND it's kind of fun. (Don't tell anyone...)

So now how do I incorporate this into my classroom or school structure? Haven't QUITE figured that part out. I feel like I have become a resource for my students who are figuring out how to present projects. About 3-4 months ago, a student came to me and told me he wanted to rebuild the school's website because it's boring. I got the deer-in-the-headlights look and referred him to the tech-guy. At least now, I can guide students in using Dreamweaver! A beautiful thing.

I'm not sure what else I can do with this knowledge. This summer during staff development, though, I will be able to apply this knowlege to my coursework during the curriculum development section.

Like Dana states in her blob, I really enjoyed and connected with the article "Constructivism in the Classroom: If I Teach This Way, Am I Doing My Job?" by Debra Sprague & Christopher Dede. My school's philosophy is based in Constructivism and is project based in a small community, so everything the article said made sense to me.

No comments: