SO.....my sisters and a couple friends came to visit this week, and we all went to see Dolly Parton in concert. Yes...the country singer. Yeah, she's the one with the boobs. Yep, blonde hair. And lovely enough, her new album is called "Backwoods Barbie".
It's amazing how superficially silly she can appear, but Dolly is quite an inspiration. And she's so humble. AND she put on one of the best concerts I've seen in a long, long time. Played 10 instruments in 2 hours. 2 HOURS!!?? This woman is over 60 years old and putting on better shows than most artists in their 20s.
Her numbers speak volumes for her work....check it out:
- Dolly had 26 #1 singles
- She's had 42 top-10 country albums. Let me say that again.....42 top-10 ALBUMS. What!?!
- Dolly has published almost 600 songs with BMI and has earned 37 BMI awards for her material.
- Rumor has it that she made $6 million off Whitney Houston's cover version of "I Will Always Love You", a song Dolly wrote in 1974 and has all the publishing rights to!
- Dolly's been in movies, on TV shows, and owns her own theme park DollyWood.
- Inspiration Library is her international organization that gives books to children every month of their lives from the time they're born to the time they enter kindergarten.
- Dolly's estimated worth is between $300 million and $500 million.
So NEXT TIME I tell you I'm going to see Dolly Parton, please don't seem so alarmed lol.
We love Dolly!!