Saturday, May 10, 2008

Scary....CLEARly

As most of you know, I travel at least twice a week to various cities in the US. The last time I was in San Francisco, a kiosk caught my attention so I grabbed a pamphlet. Apparently airports are adopting a new VIP-identification line, by a company called Clear. To any avid traveler this may seem appealing to not have to wait in line….Sorta like the club. We’re not going if we have to stand in line. Lol The catch? (There’s always a catch.) You must go through two main procedures: 

1.You have your fingerprints taken. No biggie. We all, or most of us, have to get our fingerprints taken at some point. 2. You must have your irises scanned. If you’ve seen Bourne Identity and/or that YouTube video featuring the family from Florida who had a travel identification chip implanted into their bodies then you’re more than likely having the same reaction I had. “Huh???”

At the risk of sounding old skool, I think “Fine. New technology. New procedures.” Most of you already know I LOVE new technology. But hold on…scanning my irises?? No thank you. Besides…the ClearCard does not skip you through security. It simply gets you to security. Last I checked you get to skip to security when you make it to Elite WorldPerks status. Shoooot. I think I’ll wait. I’m almost there anyway. ;) WAY better than letting people have pictures of the inside of my eyeballs.

No comments: