Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It's All Love


I haven't quite figured out why I agreed to do this, except for that I'm a sucker and haven't been inspired to write about anything else lately. So Tasha did this weird writing exercise and suggested I do it too. Something about tell all of the people you've come across in life what you think about them without mentioning their names. Supposed to be therapeutic somehow. So here I go. Splat.


1. I wonder how life will treat you in the long-run. You can be so giving and loving, but when you choose to turn it off you really do. What makes me worry is that your survival mechanism will never allow you to learn compromise or forgiveness or conflict resolution. However, I think the off-switch was best, otherwise we might've had it out in the streets of Mpls. lol It's all good though. I forgive myself and I forgive you.

2. I think you're happy, and you've known what you wanted far before most others. When you get what you want, you are enjoyable. But when you don't (didn't) you let go. I believe you are one of those people who, although we could've been very close friends, would not have helped me grow creatively. You have a beautiful family though, and I'm happy for you.

3. You are the mister of my life (remember that? lol), and we always have a ton of fun. Thank you for many things, but mostly for making me think before jumping. Although I still love to jump unexpectedly sometimes to mix things up. I love you so much but can't get into it without being super mooshy. Your creativity is immeasurable and admired, but what I love most is your faith. Oooh I just LOVE you! lol

4. I never got the chance to know you, but thanks for taking that extra few minutes in the 80s to have a little fun and create such an intriguing piece of art. I look at it everyday and wonder how much of it is a reflection of you. Maybe some day you'll sit me down for an art lesson?

5. Man...where do i start??? You are amazing, in that you give physically, emotionally, verbally, etc. I try to be like you when it comes to giving. You are one of very few people who knows me well, which brings extra comfort as of late, and who didn't pre-judge me when we first met. You balance my quiet, intense, South Dakota demeanor with fun and jokes and style. When you make a conscious decision to take control of your life, you are strong, decisive, and beautiful. I hope to see nothing but that in the future.

6. YOU, my dear, are a bit elusive, which is the secret to your mystery. You are good at heart, and I wish I knew you better. I think our lives now are compensating for how much time we were forced to spend together as children! But I trust all will come full circle, much like you and your travels. You always manage to swing through to say hi for a quick hug and a shower.

7. You are someone that I admire very much. I aspire to be like you in the kitchen and in my values and approach to life. You are such a good person! I was sad to move mostly because of what you helped me accomplish. Thank you!

8. And I come to you...Miss Bossy. Thanks for agreeing, for once, with something you don't understand. You often explain and define your life in reference to the man of the moment, more so than anyone I've ever met, which I never understood until a couple years ago. The intensity of your relationships is shaped by your only-child personality traits and the blame you put on your father. Only when you stop blaming will you be able to find peace through love. Your ability to so intensely verbally articulate your thoughts and observations is intriguing to me, but also goes hand-in-hand with your tendency to take life so literally. Our friendship is definitely unique. Different than I've ever had.

9. I haven't spoken to you much as of late, besides the random text, but you seem so much more peaceful now since you've expanded your family. I am really happy for you. Try not to THINK so much! I believe that is what gives you an almost somber appearance. Your life is beautiful! Family, friends, success...what else could a man ask for? Ha! Silly question...since man's appetite is never full.

10. You've provided for me what many young ladies in my circumstance can only imagine. We gone through rough times and you've gotten me through rough times....and You have no idea how much I love and appreciate you.

11. Girl....you stress me out!! Get it together. Stop wearing your heart on your sleeve, go to school, and stop making excuses!!!!!!!!!

12. I respect your game! You always have a man in love with you and you always know when to stop the relationship before you get fully sucked into something you don't really want. This is a great quality! You recognize when love is good for you and when it it not. You have mastered what many women never will.

13. You are the strongest person I know, and I try to be the same. And of course we are the same in many ways. There was a moment when I wondered who you were, but I know we all go through things that are inexplicable. Nonetheless, you have my heart.

14. I remembered when I was younger, I wanted to be like you. I learned a lot about music from you believe it or not. That first Erykah Badu CD that I'd listen to for hours on end while locked in my bedroom? That was yours. And I remember very vividly how devastated/shocked you were to find out Tupac was killed. You allowed me the space and independence I so craved, so I thank you. Even despite the time you whacked me over the head with the telephone receiver because I wanted to call Jeanne and tell her you were being mean. LOL Now, though, I think you feel trapped by your family. I wish that you would find how to turn your passions into profit because then I know the wine and weed would no longer be your refuge.

15. I feel like you gave up on success somewhere along the way. Or perhaps you're simply another person who has always had it handed to you and will always expect it to be handed to you. But you have a good heart and a great family. I'm excited for the day that we can be friends again.

16. Man you've got some issues. Perhaps psychological. Maybe you are aware and maybe you're not, but I can see it in your eyes. I never really knew what to believe when you talked.

17. Marriage and motherhood has treated you well!! I know, though, that you will find that missing link. Maybe you'll open your own business, or start doing photography? I'm excited to find out what it'll be!

18. You crave success, and your hard work is paying off. You've done almost everything you said you were going to do, or at least you're on your path to doing it. I like that in a peson. I wish you well. For some reason, I still think about your dad(s) and his motorcycle, and your mom, and your sister.

19. You handle the crinkles so well and set yourself up for success. You say you're not a very passionate person, but you are a planner and I respect that. You weigh your options and make very responsible decisions. I love how you are smart with your money and how you get to travel and be young.

20. And to all the rest I can't think of right now: Thank you! Every person I have met has taught me some life lesson and has made a large impact, which is probably why I only let a small amount in. If not, I might go into overload!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And was it therapeutic?

mj said...

ummmmmmmmmmm twice.

:)