Thursday, February 19, 2009

Toofesis



I'm doing video research on a project at work today, where I'm trying to find as many episodes of Starting Over as possible. While watching them, I came across a dream analyst working with the women and their dreams. All of a sudden the scene moves to the dream worker and a bunch of women around a campfire. He asks, "How many of you have had dreams about your teeth falling out?" Sitting at my office chair with my big huge headphones on, indulged in the program, I raise my hand.

See I have this same type of dream about once a year, maybe less, but it's a very distinct dream with intense emotions. In it my teeth are crumbling and falling out into my hands, usually one at a time and starting from the back of my mouth.

I did a little research but find that online gives a LOT variations on the interpretation of this type 0f dream, so I was amazed to hear the man speak so bluntly about it on Starting Over. He said that teeth falling out is a dream of insecurity.

Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I have that dream. Try to figure out what I might be insecure about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love dream interpretation stuff even though I'm not even sure I believe in it. Kinda like horoscope stuff. I've never had that particular dream though.

TM said...

I never had that dream either, it is interesting though.